For The Masses:
Reblog to save a life.
Zodiac Files: Dealing With A Sagittarius.
OKAY I UNDERSTAND THE STABBING WITH FORKS THING, BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY TALKED ABOUT THIS.
BIPPER FELL DOWN THE STAIRS. NO HESITATION, JUST “TRUST FALL, STAIRS! OH, WAIT YOU CAN’T CATCH ME OH WELL”
I CAN’T EVEN FALL BACK ON MY CARPET
AT ALLWITHOUT HESITATING. WHAT THE FRICK, BILL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HOW MANY STAIRS DID YOU MAKE DIPPER FALL DOWN YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM HEAD TRAUMA BILL NO YOU DON’T DO THAT.
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THIS WAS
THIS KIND OF THING WOULD HAVE BROKEN DIPPERS RIBS, MAYBE AN ARM, EVEN, AND DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE RESULTED IN A CONCUSSION
THEN THERE WAS THE SILVERWARE DRAWER SCENE. WE REALLY DON’T KNOW HOW HARD HE WAS SHUTTING IT. HE COULD HAVE BRUISED THE ARM, OR HE COULD HAVE FRACTURED IT.
HE STABBED DIPPER WITH FORKS
THEY STUCK IN HIS SKIN
WE DON’T SEE A LOT OF THE VISIBLE DAMAGE BECAUSE OF THE STANDARDS THAT DISNEY HAS, BUT WHEN DIPPER SAID THAT HE NEEDED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL, HE NEEDED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. IT WASN’T EVEN JUST ABOUT HIS HAND; IT WAS HIS WHOLE BODY. THE WRITERS EVEN PUT THAT LINE IN THERE, "MY WHOLE BODY HURTS".
BILL DIDN’T FEEL THE PAIN HE WAS INFLICTING. HE WAS HURTING DIPPER INTENTIONALLY BECAUSE HE’S EVIL AND SADISTIC AND WOULD HAVE ZERO CONSEQUENCES TO FACE.
KEEP IN MIND THAT DIPPER IS 12 YEARS OLD AND HE WOULD REALISTICALLY HAVE SOME FORM OF PTSD AFTER THIS.
THAT WAS WHAT WAS SO HORRIFYING ABOUT THE EPISODE HOLY SHIT
Don’t fear death, fear the state in which you will die.
I was always afraid of Ohio
I went to the MCA in Chicago yesterday with my family and my brothers matched these paintings and then this happened.
Accidental performance art: priceless
i love this
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
reblogging because this is important and because you mentioned Hugh Dancy and his ridiculous airport carpet obsession
No but really sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying.
This is excellent advise I must keep in mind.
Sleep Paralysis is, indeed, fucking terrifying (first-hand experience), so if it happened to you or to anyone you know and there’s a possibility it can happen again, read and share this.
I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS AND OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO. This is the very god damn reason I can’t sleep in the fucking dark. I’ve only had it once but that one time was all I needed to erase my long time in therapy and bring me back to step 1. I had no fucking idea what sleep paralysis was and the fact that it gave you hallucinations. So please, if you have debilitating horror triggers, READ THIS. PLEASE DONT SCROLL PAST THIS, YOU MAY NEED THIS.
woah, thanks to this post i actually learned i have sleep paralysis and not lucid dreams… amazing.
Do you think that when Steve Rogers sneezes, one of the Avengers goes up to him and whispers, “God Bless America”
Then Steve fucking looks at them like this
no IT GOT SO MUCH BETTER TONY’S FACE OH MY GOD
Things I’m looking forward to in 2014:
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Crying over Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dying because of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
seeing people hate on a character you can relate to the most
Huge Saint Bernard dog being needy
When huge dogs are extra affectionate it is so annoying but cute and funny. Because they think they’re still puppy-sized.
Signal boosting in case anyone needed to know this.
This is informative as heck. Show this to everyone!
This is actually some great info! Why can’t they teach this kind of thing in school??
Wow, I’ve taken health and sex ed three times during my educational process and never learned any of this. Thanks.
Definitely some important information here!
this is supa awesome. i do think it should be noted that side effects of EC *really* vary. when I took EC I didn’t have any symptoms whatsoever.
The more you know~
When I took EC, my period went missing for three months. Freaked me the hell out, despite having negative pregnancy tests. You cannot imagine how relieved I was to have it back.
PLEASE don’t be scared to take EC. Like some other women, I’ve taken it and it didn’t really have any side effects. The entire scare did give me incentive to go and get an IUD so that I am doubly protected, though.
Sorry Mabari fans, no dog companions this time.